Oct 22, 2021
ALSA 140 - Chemical Dependency/Case Management
This course introduces the student to the role of case management in substance use disorder treatment. Models of case management and the varying roles of the professional are examined. The student will learn approved methods of managing client record documentation, information gathering, processes, treatment planning and interfacing with community agencies.
3 theory hours.
Vocational Program Course
Vocational program course.
AA General Elective
May be used as a general elective in the AA degree.
- Be able to list the primary purpose of client record
- Be able to identify each element of a client record and list the purposes of each
- Be able to state the requirements of the Washington Administrative Code regarding client records
- Be able to write an Assessment for Physicians, attorneys, DOL and other treatment programs
- Be able to write a Treatment Plan including objectives, time frame and methods
- Be able to evaluate and update a Treatment Plan
- Be able to write clear, concise progress notes per DASA requirements
- Identify the counseling flow from assessment to each counselor interview and relate it to the Treatment Plan
- Be able to write a Discharge Summary
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)