Sep 21, 2021
ALSA 209 - Law/Ethics Substance Use Disorder Treatment
This course will cover the appropriate interaction between chemical dependency professionals and consumers of substance use disorder (SUD). Ethical principles will be applied in a SUD Treatment context, and relevant WACs will be covered. Course meets the Washington State Department of Health (DOH) requirement for CDP Credential.
2 theory hours.
Vocational Program Course
Vocational program course.
AA General Elective
May be used as a general elective in the AA degree.
- Understanding of the differences between professional counseling and sponsorship
- Understanding of relapse warning signs
- Understanding of contagion
- Understanding of appropriate boundaries between counselors and consumers
- Understanding of Professional Ethics
- Understanding of the use and misuse of substances
- Understanding of conflicts of interest
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)