Sep 21, 2021
BA 150 - Fundamentals of Finance
A grade of “C” or better in BA 104 , a grade of “C” or better in ACCT 113 or ACCT& 201 , or instructor permission.
This course presents the basics of financial analysis, forecasting, operating and financial leverage, working capital, current asset management, short term financing, and investment options. Orientation will be towards small business and personal finance.
5 theory hours.
Vocational Program Course
Vocational program course.
AA General Elective
May be used as a general elective in the AA degree.
- Determine the effect of taxes on financial decisions
- Describe common financial markets and financial institutions
- Develop discounted cash flow models for using financial decisions
- Describe and analyze bond and stock evaluations
- Integrate the concept of risk into valuation models and rates of return
- Forecast future financial requirements
- Forecast results of operations
- Estimate cash flow requirements
- Evaluate the use of long-term debt, stockholders equity and hybrid financial instruments
- Describe financial leverage
- Describe working capital terminology
- Identify and analyze short-term investment options, including marketable securities
- Describe the factors affecting inventory and receivables management
- Describe the effect of current liability financing options on profitability and risk
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)