Nov 28, 2021
BASM 308 - Emerging Technologies (Including Collaborative and Project Software)
Admission to BASOM program.
This course identifies emerging technologies and their impact as drivers of change on organizational and team effectiveness and innovation. Students will select and utilize technology tools for content management, project management, collaboration and communication. Students will incorporate group development theories and technology tools to increase traditional team and virtual team performance.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of emerging technologies and analyze their impact on organizational effectiveness and innovation
- Evaluate and apply new technologies for content management, project management, collaboration and communication
- Assess and integrate knowledge of the challenges and opportunities of Web 2.0
- Utilize online analytics for evaluation and planning
- Facilitate effective team collaboration through technology tools and knowledge of group development and effectiveness theories, including overcoming challenges of managing virtual teams
- Assess the purpose, benefits and limitations of new technologies in relation to organizational or team effectiveness and innovation
- Effectively collaborate with a virtual team in the development of a technology resource handbook for managers
BAS-OM program core course.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)