Oct 22, 2021
BASM 309 - Project Management - Time Goals and Budget Management
Admission to the BAS-OM program or instructor permission. completion of both ENGL& 101 ; and MATH& 146 with “C” or better.
Students will develop the basic tools, knowledge and skills necessary for successful project management. All phases of the project management process, including: initiating, planning, executing, controlling and closing will be assessed. Areas of leadership, communication and budgeting in relation to project management will also be critiqued.
- Classify desirable characteristics of effective project managers
- Plan and execute project management activities
- Apply appropriate approaches to plan a new project
- Design and manage project and program processes
- Examine project risks
- Understand the principles and practices of project management and its relation to creating value for the organization and its stakeholders
- Understand the project life cycle: initiating, planning, executing, controlling and closing
- Assess major schedule, cost, and performance elements using both quantitative and qualitative techniques
- Lead a successful project team
- Develop a suitable budget for a new project
BAS-OM program core course.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)