Oct 22, 2021
BASM 402 - Leading and Managing in a Diverse World
Admission to BASOM program.
Students will analyze the concepts, policies and practices facing leaders in a global workplace; including how to manage a diverse workforce by effectively managing/leading people who vary by nationality, ethnicity, culture, religion, gender, language, age, abilities, and unique personal characteristics.
- Analyze global implications for human relations and workforce productivity
- Explain multicultural issues in the workplace
- Lead/manage individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Assess the work environment as it relates to working effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Relate the role of socioeconomic status within the workplace
- Identify how to assist employees to successfully work with co-workers from diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrate an understanding of privilege and its effects on the workplace
- Create a culture that values workforce diversity
- Point out the workplace and management implications of (including, but not limited to): sexual harassment, cultural and religious practices, family, and gender roles
- Research and analyze trends in leading global, international environments
Satisfies a Social Sciences distribution requirement for the BAS-OM degree.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)