Oct 22, 2021
BASM 409 - Capstone Project and/or Administrative/Management Internship
Completion of all 300-level BASM coursework (BASM, SOC, ENGL) with a “C” or better.
Students will further integrate course work with the world they live in. Students will link theory and practices, as well as gain exposure to the interdisciplinary nature of management work. Students will work with their advisor to develop their Capstone Project, which will consist of an internship, service learning and/or a special in-depth project. Students will reflect on their observations and evaluate what they have learned.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Obtain experience outside the classroom, and will gain an understanding of the lexicon of that particular environment
- Demonstrate an understanding of the theory presented within the BASM program, within four different courses
- Gain an appreciation of the complexity of the real world, and the necessity of an interdisciplinary understanding of management and supervision
- Apply theory learned to real world situations within the internship/project
- Observe, analyze, and evaluate situations and then create plans/strategies for addressing those situations
- Defend, in text, the evaluations they have completed and the plans/strategies they gave generated
BAS-OM program core course.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)