CARP 222 - Residential and Commercial Carpentry V
Completion of CARP 221 with a grade of “C” or better and instructor permission.
A theory-lab course to build upon the skills learned in CARP 221 . Training increases skills and expands tasks learned in CARP 221 . Students may participate in on-site construction projects. Tasks are completed to industry standards and increase in complexity. Problem solving is emphasized. Leadership opportunities are presented.
8 theory hours.
Guided Practice Hours
16 guided practice hours.
Vocational Program Course
Vocational program course.
AA General Elective
May be used as a general elective in the AA degree.
- Demonstrate work habits, skills and knowledge relevant to the industry in Safety.Demonstrate safe work habits and safety awareness (A4, C1, D3, E1)
- Demonstrate knowledge of safety standards and resources (A4, C1, D3, E1)
- Demonstrate work habits, skills and knowledge relevant to the industry in Employability
- Demonstrate social & personal responsibility required in the workplace (D4)
- Demonstrate the ability to comply with organizational rules and policies (A1, B1, D4, E1)
- Demonstrate knowledge and ability to complete job search activities (A4, B2, D4, E2)
- Demonstrate skills and knowledge relevant to the industry in Technical Proficiency
- Create project drawings with material lists/estimates, cut lists, and notes (A3, B1, C2, E1)
- Measure accurately with a tape and scale (A4, B1)
- Perform basic mathematic calculations in relation to assignments (A4, C2)
- Identify tools and demonstrate their safe set-up, use, adjustment and repair (A4, B1, E1)
- Access technical information from physical and online sources (A3, B2, E1)
- Follow directions to achieve safe, accurate, and efficient project construction (A4, B2, C2, E2)
The following GHC Desired Student Abilities are also introduced or assessed in this course:
Category: A-Competency in the Discipline, B-Literacy, C-Critical Thinking, D-Social and Personal Responsibility, and E-Using Resources
Scale: 1-Minimal exposure, 2-Moderate exposure, 3-Frequent exposure, 4-Strongly supports
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)