Nov 28, 2021
CJ& 101 - Introduction to Criminal Justice
ENGL 095 or placement in ENGL& 101 , READ 090 or placement in college level reading, or instructor permission.
A survey of the historical development of the criminal justice system to present-day practices. This course studies the development of the police, courts and correctional agencies in meeting the demands society has placed on them. Students will explore career opportunities at the federal, state and local levels.
5 theory hours.
AA Specified Elective
Satisfies specified elective requirement for the AA degree.
- Develop an understanding of the criminal justice perspective
- Develop an understanding of the critical thinking aspect of criminal justice
- Develop an understanding of criminal justice as a social service agency
- Develop an understanding of the impact criminal justice has on society
- Develop an understanding of the basic requirements in the field of justice
- Develop an understanding of the interactions among government agencies
- Develop an understanding of the necessary literature in the class setting
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)