Oct 19, 2021
CJUS 104 - The Line Officer Function: Police and Corrections
ENGL 095 or placement in ENGL& 101 , READ 090 or placement in college level reading, or instructor permission.
An in-depth look at the basic duties and functions of police officers and correctional officers in cities and counties throughout the nation. Students will examine the responsibilities of the police and corrections from violator contact and arrest, through the court process. Discussions will focus on police encounters with the public, and the methods used by correctional officers in their dealing with prisoners. Emphasis will be placed on the impact that police and corrections have on our community today. Vocational program course.
5 theory hours.
AA General Elective
May be used as a general elective in the AA degree.
- Develop an understanding of police operations and correctional services
- Develop an understanding of cooperative efforts within the justice system
- Develop an understanding of the justice process, from arrest to conviction
- Develop an understanding of the training required of police and corrections
- Develop an understanding of the necessary literature within the class setting
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)