Jan 18, 2022
CJUS 151 - Drugs and Our Society
Placement in ENGL 095 .
This class is designed to give students a basic understanding of all classifications of drugs. Topics to be covered include the biology of drug action, effects of drugs on the body, dependence and treatment, alternatives to drug use, and drugs and the law. Types of drugs discussed will range from prescription drugs, to alcohol, to illegal drugs, and over-the-counter drugs. Same as HPE 151; students may not receive credit for both.
5 theory hours.
AA Specified Elective
Satisfies specified elective requirement for the AA degree.
- Develop an understanding of the drug problem within the United States
- Develop an understanding of how drug abuse impacts all individuals
- Develop an understanding of drug usage characteristics
- Develop an understanding of the problems associated with drug use
- Develop an understanding of the criminal justice response to drug use
- Develop an understanding of the biological effects drugs have on the body
- Develop an understanding of the necessary literature within the class setting
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)