Oct 19, 2021
CJUS 201 - The Art of Public and Private Investigation
CJ& 101 or instructor permission.
Students will gain an understanding of the need for investigative services and how they impact our present-day society. The investigative techniques used by police, correctional investigators, juvenile officers, probation and parole, state agency investigators, and private investigators will be examined. Students will become aware of sources for information and the scientific aids that are available to assist in case completion. Investigation theories will be examined and students will become familiar with the process of scientific reasoning.
5 theory hours.
Vocational Program Course
Vocational program course.
AA General Elective
May be used as a general elective in the AA degree.
- Develop an understanding of critical thinking skills in criminal investigation
- Develop an understanding of problem solving techniques
- Develop an understanding of investigative concepts
- Develop an understanding of training requirements for criminal investigators
- Develop an understanding of how investigative services impact society
- Develop an understanding of techniques used by the criminal justice system
- Develop an understanding of necessary literature in the class setting
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)