Oct 19, 2021
DT 223 - Certification and Testing
Completion of DT 222 with a grade of “C” or better and instructor permission.
A theory-lab course to build upon and confirm the diesel mechanics skills learned in DT 121 through DT 222 . Course covers selected industry certification test requirements, procedures, and standards. Successful students will practice and pass selected ASE certification tests. Testing fees may apply for each certification test. Course includes a written and performance capstone exam to ensure retention of competency in previous Diesel Technology program course topics.
8 theory hours.
Guided Practice Hours
16 guided practice hours.
Vocational Program Course
Vocational program course.
AA General Elective
May be used as a general elective in the AA degree.
- Students will work to industry standards on all assigned projects (A)
- Students will demonstrate self-direction and motivational skills (A)
- Students will demonstrate the abilities to diagnose and resolve a variety of mechanical problems (A)
- Demonstrate mastery and retention of skills and knowledge from DT 222 through DT 222 (A)
- Course standards: A4-Competency in the Discipline, B2-Literacy, C2-Critical Thinking, D4-Social and Personal Responsibility, and E1-Information Use
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)