Oct 22, 2021
ECED& 105 - Introduction to Early Childhood Education
Students will explore the foundations of early childhood education, examine theories defining the field, issues and trends, best practices, and program models. Observe children, professionals, and programs in action.
5 theory hours.
Vocational Program Course
Vocational program course.
AA General Elective
May be used as a general elective in the AA degree.
- Explain current theories and ongoing research in early care and education
- Describe the role of play in early childhood programs
- Compare early learning program models
- Explain the importance of developing culturally responsive partnerships with families
- Identify appropriate guidance techniques used in early care and education settings
- Describe the observation, assessment, and teaching cycle used to plan curriculum for all young children
- Apply the professional code of ethics for early care and education to resolve dilemmas
- Describe major historical figures, advocates, and events shaping today’s early childhood education. Describe major historical figures, advocates, and events shaping todays early childhood education
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)