Jan 18, 2022
ECED& 132 - Infants and Toddlers Care
Students will examine the unique developmental needs of infants and toddlers. Focus will be to study the role of the caregiver, relationships with families, developmentally appropriate practices, nurturing environments for infants and toddlers, and culturally relevant care.
3 theory hours.
Vocational Program Course
Vocational program course.
AA General Elective
May be used as a general elective in the AA degree.
- Discuss developmental milestones from birth to 36 months articulating the influences of individual development, temperament and cultural norms in the context of important, ongoing relationships
- Design a plan to support reciprocal, culturally sensitive partnerships with families
- Select positive guidance techniques that are appropriate and effective with infants and toddlers
- Critique infant and toddler early learning environments, articulating environmental influences on the learning processes of infants and toddlers during authentic play activities
- Describe a plan for developmentally appropriate, culturally relevant curriculum that supports language, physical, cognitive, creative, social, and emotional development
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)