Oct 18, 2021
ECED& 139 - Administration of Early Learning Programs
Students will develop administrative skills required to develop, open, operate, manage, and assess early childhood education and care programs. Focus will be to explore techniques and resources available for Washington State licensing and National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) standard compliance.
3 theory hours.
Vocational Program Course
Vocational program course.
AA General Elective
May be used as a general elective in the AA degree.
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Crosswalk program policies and practices with licensing and professional standards
- Create a plan for appropriate staff, food, equipment, materials and programming for specific age groups and settings
- Prepare a balanced budget
- Identify methods for recruiting, hiring, evaluating, supervising, and supporting culturally and linguistically reflective staff
- Describe a variety of strategies for building relationships with all families
- Review tools used to evaluate program effectiveness and identify areas for improvements
- Apply the NAEYC Code of Ethics in resolving an administrative dilemma (case study)
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)