Oct 19, 2021
ECED& 170 - Environments for Young Children
Students will design, evaluate, and improve indoor and outdoor environments to ensure quality learning, nurturing, experiences, and to optimize the development of young children.
3 theory hours.
Vocational Program Course
Vocational program course.
AA General Elective
May be used as a general elective in the AA degree.
- Design environments that protect the health and safety of children and adults, providing balance between activities that are indoor and outdoor, quiet and active, and allow for interaction with others as well as time alone
- Develop environmental strategies for guiding children’s behavior helping them develop prosocial skills and the ability to self-regulate
- Plan an environment, schedule, routine, and activates that meet the needs of learners ages zero to 8, promoting growth across all domains and in all disciplines
- Describe strategies to achieve compliance with Washington Administrative Code for licensed child care and/or other state/federal regulations pertinent to early learning environments
- Programming that are welcoming to families and provide opportunities for all to participate
- Evaluate the quality and effectiveness of early learning environments serving differing age groups (ex. infant, toddler, school age)
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)