Oct 19, 2021
ECED& 190 - Observation and Assessment
Students will collect and record observations of and assessment data in order to plan for and support the child, the family, the group, and the community. Students will practice reflection techniques, summarize conclusions, and communicate findings.
3 theory hours.
Vocational Program Course
Vocational program course.
AA General Elective
May be used as a general elective in the AA degree.
- Describe reasons for collecting observation and assessment data
- Identify indicators of growth, development, learning and social behaviors in all children
- Identify techniques for avoiding bias, judgments, and assumptions in observations
- Collect factual, descriptive data using a variety of assessment tools and strategies
- Document and analyze assessment data for use in planning curriculum for individual and groups of children
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)