Oct 19, 2021
ECON& 201 - Micro Economics
MATH 060 , READ 080 , or instructor permission.
An introduction to microeconomics. A study of the decision-making processes of individual economic units including businesses and consumers. Basic theoretical tools are applied to problems of current interest.
5 theory hours.
AA Specified Elective
Satisfies social science distribution area B requirement or specified elective for the AA degree.
- Describe and apply principles of Supply and Demand analysis to market situations
- Calculate how firms maximize profits under variety of market structures
- Describe and apply microeconomic principles to current issues of healthcare, agriculture, global trade, and labor markets
- Describe and analyze the decision-making of the business firm regarding input choices , including labor, materials, and capital
- Describe and apply methods of present-value analysis as a tool for investment decisions
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)