May 17, 2022
EDUC& 115 - Child Development
Students will focus on how to build a functional understanding of the foundation of child development, prenatal to adolescence. They will observe and document physical, social, emotional, and cognitive development of children, reflective of cross cultural and global perspectives.
5 theory hours.
Vocational Program Course
Vocational program course.
AA General Elective
May be used as a general elective in the AA degree.
- Discuss prominent child development research and theories guiding parenting and care giver’s practices
- Describe the developmental sequence from conception through early adolescence in all domains
- Analyze critical stages of brain development as influencers of child development
- Examine techniques to conduct and document observations of children as a means to assess and communicate growth and development
- Explain individual differences in development
- Identify how family, caregivers, teachers, community, culture, and trauma influence development
- Outline community resources to support children’s and families’ development
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)