Oct 18, 2021
ELA 041 - English Language Acquisition - Writing I
Appropriate CASAS placement score.
This is course is designed for non-native English speakers, with little or no English language background, who want to improve their writing with a goal to enhance English language skills. The class will emphasize basic writing skills needed to communicate more effectively in everyday life. Basic math concepts, as they relate to effective written communication, will also be included.
Upon successful completion of this course students will:
- Demonstrate a command of basic Standard English language conventions
- Be able to use the writing process to produce a complete sentences and short paragraphs
- Use critical thinking skills to apply basic editing and revision skills
- Apply writing skills to create and solve math problems
- Demonstrate knowledge of how to use technology to enhance writing
- Use everyday vocabulary and basic parts of speech to communicate effectively
- Interact and collaborate with others
This course does not meet any degree requirements.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)