Oct 22, 2021
ENGL 150 - Vocational/Technical and Business Writing
Competency in basic computer operation or concurrent enrollment in BTECH 100 .
Appropriate English placement score or a grade of “C-” or better in ENGL 095 .
This course is designed for both vocational/technical and business students. It emphasizes written and oral communication required in the world of work. Major topics include business letters and memorandums, formal and informal reports, computer graphics, basic principles of technical writing, and oral presentations.
5 theory hours.
Vocational Program Course
Vocational program course.
AA General Elective
May be used as a general elective in the AA degree.
- Using technology and other resources to obtain information
- Analyzing, synthesizing, and evaluating ideas from sources
- Developing ideas into logically crafted claims
- Supporting claims with valid, specific evidence
- Summarizing, paraphrasing, and quoting source information appropriately to support ideas
- Organizing, integrating, and documenting research ethically
- Focusing development of ideas and details using appropriate structure
- Developing and maintaining a consistent, appropriate tone
- Offering and accepting feedback about writing for ideas, voice, style, fluency
- Writing in a variety of forms and adapting form for the purpose/situation
- Revising writing for ideas, purpose, development and structure
- Editing writing for precision: sentence structure, grammar, spelling, punctuation
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)