Oct 19, 2021
ENGL 252 - Survey of World Literature
A grade of “C-” or better in ENGL& 101 .
Survey of World Literature covers literary selections from a wide variety of the world’s cultures. Specifically, it addresses stories, poems and plays from Africa, Asia, the Americas, Europe and the Middle East. It also covers literary genre, critical methodologies, research, and critical thinking.
5 theory hours.
AA Specified Elective
Satisfies humanities distribution area D requirement or specified elective requirement for the AA degree.
- Comprehending important ideas and details from texts
- Recognizing cultural and historical influences on the world’s various literatures
- Analyzing and synthesizing ideas from texts for a variety of purposes
- Thinking critically about readings and about one’s own responses
- Understanding the structural and technical formal elements of literature
- Engaging in logical, evidence-backed discussion of literature
- Communicating critical and analytical responses to texts in one’s own, appropriate voice
- Writing for a variety of purposes, including to analyze, critique, and justify
- Taking part in productive and effective group discussions and problem-solving sessions
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)