Oct 19, 2021
ENGL 281 - Fiction Writing II
A grade of “C” or better in ENGL 241 .
English 281 is a continuation of ENGL 241 , emphasizing the various concerns surrounding the understanding and creation of short works of fiction. Topics addressed in the course include the processes of drafting and revision, analyses of literary style and technique, and methods of offering and accepting constructive criticism. The student is expected to submit original manuscripts during the quarter.
2 theory hours.
AA Specified Elective
Satisfies specified elective requirement for the AA degree.
- Understand and employ elements of fiction form and content
- Understanding and manipulating the major structural elements of fiction form
- Understanding and manipulating the essential techniques of imaginative writing
- Use the steps in the writing process to craft effective stories
- Developing initial ideas into coherent, structured draft stories
- Accepting feedback about writing for idea, voice, style, fluency
- Considering others’ feedback and using appropriate tools for revision
- Revising stories to enhance structure and technique
- Observing and employing the rules of standard English usage
- Use collaborative critical tools to benefit classmates in their writing
- Reading the work of others in order to understand and evaluate
- Offering constructive feedback about idea, voice, style, fluency
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)