May 17, 2022
ENGL 282 - Poetry Writing II
A grade of “C” or better in ENGL 242 .
English 282 is a continuation of ENGL 242 , emphasizing the various concerns surrounding the understanding and creation of poetry. Topics addressed in the course include the processes of drafting and revision, analyses of literary style and technique, and methods of offering and accepting constructive criticism. The student is expected to submit original manuscripts during the quarter.
2 theory hours.
AA Specified Elective
Satisfies specified elective requirement for the AA degree.
- Understand and employ elements of poetic form and content
- Understanding and manipulating the major structural elements of poetry
- Understanding and manipulating the essential techniques of imaginative writing
- Observing and employing the rules of standard English usage
- Use the steps in the writing process to craft effective poetry
- Developing initial ideas into coherent, structured draft poems
- Revising poems to enhance structure and technique
- Use collaborative critical tools to benefit classmates in their poetry writing
- Reading the work of others in order to understand and evaluate
- Offering constructive feedback about idea, voice, style, fluency
- Accepting feedback about writing for idea, voice, style, fluency
- Considering others’ feedback and using appropriate tools for revision
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)