Jan 18, 2022
ENGL 304 - Advanced Business Writing
Admission to the BASOM program; completion of ENGL& 101 with a “C” or better.
Technical writing necessitates that students develop foundational knowledge in the area of quantitative research writing: procedures, vocabulary, and concepts. The concepts and procedures serve as important tools utilized for problem solving, and the vocabulary of research is essential for effective communication and critical evaluation of research findings.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify and analyze professional, technical, and business related rhetorical situations and compose texts appropriate for such situations
- Effectively and accurately identify an audience and compose texts demonstrating audience awareness
- Understand, explain, and engage in the writing process
- Understand and apply appropriate research methods
- Identify, analyze, and synthesize ideas from credible sources and integrate them into evidence-backed texts
- Compose texts and design documents using the appropriate formatting and citing
Satisfies a Communications Skills requirement for the BAS-OM degree.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)