Jan 18, 2022
ENGL& 236 - Introduction to Creative Writing
Placement in ENGL& 101 or a C or better in ENGL 095 .
Experimental creative writing workshop focused on acquiring new skills. Instruction in literary devices and narrative techniques. Individualized, self-directed learning in virtually any written genres of the student’s choice, with an emphasis on identification and imitation of genre-specific features.
5 theory hours.
AA Specified Elective
Satisfies specified elective requirement for the AA degree.
- Understand and employ elements of form and content in both prose and verse
- Understanding and manipulating the major structural elements of prose and verse
- Understanding and manipulating the essential techniques of imaginative writing
- Observing and employing the rules of standard English usage
- Use the steps in the writing process to craft effective essays, stories and poems
- Developing initial ideas into coherent, structured drafts
- Revising to enhance structure and technique
- Use collaborative critical tools to benefit classmates in their writing
- Reading the work of others in order to understand and evaluate
- Offering constructive feedback about idea, voice, style, fluency
- Accepting feedback about writing for idea, voice, style, fluency
- Considering others’ feedback and using appropriate tools for revision
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)