Oct 22, 2021
HOSP 100 - Introduction to Hospitality
MATH 060 , READ 080 or instructor permission.
Explore the hospitality and tourism industry including lodging, restaurants, managed services, recreation, theme parks, clubs, and gaming entertainment; and assemblies. Learn universal service standards, customer service for guests and key elements of professional service delivery.
5 theory hours.
- Describe the interrelated nature of hospitality and tourism and the characteristics of the hospitality industry
- Implement universal service standards
- Discuss success in service and describe appraise approaches to successful service
- Draw organizational charts for various divisions of a hotel
- Identify key areas and tasks for front and back of the house operations
- Summarize the skills required for concierge services
- Discuss the structure of management and operations for theme parks, attractions, cruises and clubs
- Describe different positions within and various activities related to the gaming entertainment
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)