Jan 18, 2022
HOSP 220 - Technology in the Hospitality Industry
MATH 060 , READ 080 or instructor permission.
Learn the basics of purchasing, implementing, maintaining, and effectively managing a variety of technology systems such as reservations systems, room management, guest accounting, property management, catering software, point-of-sale, food and beverage management, and security maintenance for technology.
5 theory hours.
- Identify and evaluate common technology systems used in hospitality operations
- Describe the various ways in which hospitality businesses use technology to process reservations and manage rooms
- Identify and explain the function of common Property Management (PMS) interfaces, which include point-of-sale systems, call accounting systems, energy management systems, electronic locking systems, and guest-operated devices
- Identify Payment Card Industry (PCI) and Data Security Standard (DSS) objectives and requirements
- Explain the functions and use of food and beverage management applications, including those concerning recipe and menu management, sales analysis, and pre/postcosting
- Identify and describe the catering software and accounting applications that are available to hospitality businesses
- Identify the various threats to technology systems and the security precautions that should be taken to keep those systems safe
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)