Oct 22, 2021
HPF 101 - Health and Wellness
ENGL 095 and READ 090 .
This course encompasses a total wellness concept of one’s physical, mental and emotional well being. Students will examine major health issues of contemporary society. Students will also learn to make responsible lifestyle decisions that will directly affect their quality of life and attainment of well being.
5 theory hours.
AA General Elective
May be used as a general elective in the AA degree.
- Define health by understanding the six dimensions of health
- Understand and appreciate the scope of human relationships
- Recognize risks associated with licit and illicit drugs
- Find a healthy balance with weight management
- Recognize and reduce risks for infectious and noninfectious disease
- Gain greater appreciation for environmental health in a local and global manner
- Critically evaluate health care products and information as a consumer
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)