Jan 18, 2022
HS 109 - Law and Ethics in Human Services
HS 102 or instructor permission.
Explores central work-related issues students will face in the human services field and the ethical implications and laws dealing with those issues. Emphasis includes ethical decision-making, consumer rights, rights and responsibilities of human service professionals, and standards of conduct.
5 theory hours.
Vocational Program Course
Vocational program course.
AA General Elective
May be used as a general elective in the AA degree.
- Students will understand major ethical issues related to professional practice. (DL (4), L (3), CT (4), SPR (4), IU (3))
- Students will apply the ethical decision making model that may be used by the human services professional. (DL (4), L (3), CT (4), SPR (4), IU (3))
- Students will become familiar with the ethical standards of the major professional roles in human services. (DL (4), L (3), CT (4), SPR (4), IU (3))
- Students will gain the knowledge and ability to apply ethical principles to a variety of specific situations. (DL (4), L (3), SPR (4))
- Students will understand related Washington Administrative Codes (WACs) and Revised Codes of Washington (RCWs). (DL (4), L (3), IU (3))
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)