Oct 22, 2021
JAPN& 121 - Japanese I
ENGL 095 or concurrent enrollment; or placement in ENGL& 101 .
JAPN& 121, JAPN& 122 , and JAPN& 123 is a sequence designed to provide students with elementary through intermediate knowledge of spoken and written Japanese. It is viewed as a series and as such has a goal of structuring the load throughout an academic year rather than from quarter to quarter. JAPN& 121 focuses on developing elementary speaking, listening, reading and writing skills. Additional attention is given to relevant topics in Japanese culture and history.
5 theory hours.
AA Specified Elective
Satisfies humanities distribution area E requirement or specified elective for the AA degree.
- acquire, recognize, and recall extensive Japanese vocabulary
- employ vocabulary and grammar effectively in creating Japanese conversation
- discover parallels among language patterns within Japanese and between Japanese and English
- analyze and apply various language paradigms
- critically examine and translate texts, assessing differences in vocabulary, usage, and grammar
- develop a perspective to view foreign cultures, languages, and customs
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)