Oct 22, 2021
JAPN& 123 - Japanese III
A grade of “C-” or better in JAPN& 122 or instructor permission.
A continuation of JAPN& 122 , focusing on developing elementary to intermediate knowledge of spoken and written Japanese.
5 theory hours.
AA Specified Elective
Satisfies humanities distribution area E requirement or specified elective for the AA degree.
- acquire, recognize, and recall extensive Japanese vocabulary
- employ vocabulary and grammar effectively in creating Japanese conversation
- discover parallels among language patterns within Japanese and between Japanese and English
- analyze and apply various language paradigms
- critically examine and translate texts, assessing differences in vocabulary, usage, and grammar
- develop a perspective to view foreign cultures, languages, and customs
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)