Jan 20, 2022
MATH 098 - Intermediate Algebra
A grade of “C” or better in MATH 097 or higher, or appropriate placement test score, or instructor permission.
MATH 098 elaborates on the foundation of basic algebra built in MATH 097 . A variety of concepts and skills will be introduced to prepare students for work in college level math and math related subjects. Skills include: factoring; simplifying and solving rational expressions and equations; simplifying and solving exponential and radical expressions and equations; solving linear and quadratic equations; using function notation; graphing lines and parabolas; writing equations of lines; and setting up and solving applications involving basic science and business mathematical models. MATH 098 serves as a prerequisite to MATH& 107 , MATH 111 , MATH& 131 , MATH& 132 , MATH& 141 and MATH& 146 .
5 theory hours.
- Factor Polynomials, and Solve Equations by Factoring
- Combine and Simplify RationalExpressions and Solve RationalEquations
- Combine and Simplify RadicalExpressions and Solve RadicalEquations
- Simplify expressions containing radicals and/or rational exponents
- Analyze Linear and Quadratic Functions
This course does not meet any degree requirements.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)