Oct 19, 2021
MEDAS 120 - Pathology, Diseases, and Treatments
Completion of MEDAS 110 and MEDAS 111 with a grade of “B-” or better.
The etiology, symptoms, diagnostic procedures and treatment of common diseases in the following body systems will relate to the medical assistant and other ambulatory healthcare employees: digestive, blood & immune, musculoskeletal, urinary, reproductive, endocrine, nervous, and special senses.
5 theory hours.
Vocational Program Course
Vocational program course.
AA General Elective
May be used as a general elective in the AA degree.
- Compare structure and function of the human body across the life span
- Describe the normal function of each body system
- Identify common pathology related to each body system including:
- Analyze pathology for each body system including:
- diagnostic measures
- treatment modalities
- Define coaching a patient as it relates to:
- health maintenance
- disease prevention
- compliance with treatment plan
- community resources
- adaptations relevant to individual patient needs
Acceptance into the Medical Assistant program required.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)