Jan 18, 2022
MEDAS 152 - Medical Office Business Procedures
Completion of MEDAS 151 with a grade of “B-” or better.
This course introduces software, accounts receivable procedures, professionalism and record management in the medical office.
3 theory hours.
Guided Practice Hours
4 guided practice hours.
Vocational Program Course
Vocational program course.
AA General Elective
May be used as a general elective in the AA degree.
- Develop a current list of community resources related to patients’ healthcare needs
- Facilitate referrals to community resources in the role of a patient navigator
- Perform accounts receivable procedures to patient accounts including posting:
- Prepare a bank deposit
- Obtain accurate patient billing information
- Identify different types of appointment scheduling methods
- Identify advantages and disadvantages of the following appointment systems
- Identify critical information required for scheduling patient procedures
- Define types of information contained in the patient’s medical record
- Identify methods of organizing the patient’s medical record based on:
- problem-oriented medical record (POMR)
- source-oriented medical record (SOMR)
- Identify equipment and supplies needed for medical records in order to:
- Describe filing indexing rules
- Differentiate between electronic medical records (EMR) and a practice management system
- Explain the purpose of routine maintenance of administrative and clinical equipment
- List steps involved in completing an inventory
- Explain the importance of data back-up
- Explain meaningful use as it applies to EMR
Acceptance into the Medical Assistant program required.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)