Jan 20, 2022
MUSC& 223 - Ear Training 6
Concurrent enrollment in MUSIC 233 .
MUSC& 222 .
Advanced listening, identification of seventh chords, and altered chords, advanced melodic and harmonic dictation, advanced sight singing.
AA Specified Elective
Satisfies specified elective requirement for the AA degree.
The goals of this course are to improve students’ performance in the following areas:
- Comprehend elementary note reading, rhythm reading, keyboard identification, interval identification, chord building, scale building, cadence identification, and conventional part-writing procedures for tonic, dominant and subdominant triads
- Analyze and synthesize the above-mentioned elements of music
- Think critically about the elements of music
- Work with other classmates to solve harmonizing and voicing problems
- Think critically about analytical issues in music and about one’s own responses
- Develop essays from critical and analytical responses to the text and to class discussions as well as outside research
- Analyze and synthesize ideas from listening to live performances. Develop critical and analytical responses to those performances
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)