Jan 18, 2022
MUSIC 219 - Intermediate Piano III
MUSIC 218 or instructor permission.
This course, a continuation of MUSIC 218 , introduces diminished seventh chords in modulating patterns and progressions. Repertoire from various historical periods and some jazz harmonizations. Music majors have specific qualifications to fulfill for this course.
Guided Practice Hours
2 guided practice hours.
AA Specified Elective
Satisfies specified elective requirement for the AA degree.
- Completion of Alfred Group Piano text in one year- approximately ten units each quarter
- Development of functional skills at the keyboard, that is to be able to sight-read keyboard music adequately, improvise and play lead lines with accompaniment, and play selected repertoire
- Development of the ear through playing, listening, and critiquing
- Discovery of the joy of making music by oneself and with a group
- Ability to analyze and evaluate music
- Completion of Keyboard proficiency exam
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)