Oct 18, 2021
NR 158 - Work Experience Seminar
ENGL 095 or placement in ENGL& 101 , or instructor permission.
This seminar will prepare the student for the cooperative field-based experience required for the Natural ResourcesForest Technology program. We will explore personal goals and then options for positions as seasonal employees or volunteers of natural resources agencies and companies. Students will complete a job application, edit, revise or create a resume, prepare a cover letter, establish personal references and learn proper interview techniques. Leadership and group interaction will be practiced in teaching and practical settings. The student will also be trained in first responder first-aid and CPR techniques that are appropriate for the workplace.
Vocational Program Course
Vocational program course. Required course for the Associate of Applied Science in Forestry Technology degree.
AA General Elective
May be used as a general elective in the AA degree.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate proper communication skills during interviews
- Develop documents appropriate for future employment including applications, references, resumes’, and cover letters
- Develop a list of goals and objectives for a career in natural resource management
- Exhibit interpersonal and leadership skills through class participation and interaction
- Apply appropriate skills and knowledge needed for first responder emergency situations
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)