Oct 19, 2021
NR 258 - Cooperative Work Experience
Students participate in on-the-job training with natural resource agencies, tribes, and private industry. Forestry, fisheries, wildlife, and other natural resources are the focus of this field-based experience. Trainees keep a daily diary of work, are evaluated periodically by their supervisor, and submit a final summary of their work. Students can participate for a maximum of ten credits (up to 5 Credits per term).
Vocational Program Course
Vocational program course.
AA General Elective
May be used as a general elective in the AA degree.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Gaining on-the-job, supervised work experience with public natural resource agencies and private businesses
- Maintaining a field notebook detailing on-the-job work activities, and write a formal written report summarizing their work
- Learning and practicing agency/business-specific work, safety procedures and regulations not taught in college classroom/lab exercises
- Learning to work independently and as a team, to set goals and perform work to accomplish these work objectives
- Exposing them to prospective employers and jobs while providing employers the opportunity to evaluate students’ performance for potential employment
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)