Oct 19, 2021
NURS 137 - Pharmacology II
Completion of NURS 171 & NURS 135 with a grade of “B-” or better.
NURS 172 .
The student continues to examine the application of nursing process as it relates to pharmacology. Students will study drug actions, adverse effects, and nursing implications of drugs used to treat common health alterations of the immune, cardiac, respiratory, neurological and endocrine systems. Increasingly complex math calculations related to intravenous therapy will be included.
1 theory hour.
Vocational Program Course
Vocational program course.
By the completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Apply the principles of pharmacology as they relate to the role of nursing in drug therapy management
- Use math principles and methods essential for safe drug dosing and administration
- Demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary to administer medications correctly and safely
- Compare textbooks, professional literature, audiovisual materials, and computer assisted learning programs to demonstrate understanding of pharmacological concepts
- Discuss therapeutic actions, adverse reactions, drug and food interactions, and nursing implications of drugs to treat specific, common, chronic and stable health alterations
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)