Jan 18, 2022
NURS 139 - Pharmacology III
Completion of NURS 172 & NURS 137 with a grade of B- or better.
NURS 173 .
The student continues to examine the application of nursing process as it relates to pharmacology. Students will study of drug actions, adverse effects, and nursing implications of drugs used to treat common health alterations of the musculoskeletal and gastrointestinal systems and in the care of children with common health alterations, the child bearing family, and patients with cancer. Increasingly complex math calculations will be included.
1 theory hour.
Vocational Program Course
Vocational program course.
By the completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Interpret the principles of pharmacology as they relate to the role of nursing in drug therapy management
- Analyze math principles and methods essential for safe drug dosing and administration
- Analyze the knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary to administer medications correctly and safely
- Analyze textbooks, professional literature, audiovisual materials, and computer assisted learning programs to demonstrate understanding of pharmacological concepts
- Assess therapeutic actions, adverse reactions, drug and food interactions, and nursing implications of drugs to treat specific, common, acute health alterations in special populations
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)