Oct 19, 2021
NURS 171 - Nursing Concepts 1: Fundamentals
Acceptance to the Nursing Program. .
Students are introduced to professional nursing roles and responsibilities and basic clinical skills necessary to provide patient centered care. Using the campus lab and selected community settings, students will begin health assessment skills to provide safe care for culturally diverse patients. This course introduces embedded psychosocial, nutritional & ethical healthcare content.
6 theory hours.
Guided Practice Hours
12 clinical hours per week.
Vocational Program Course
Vocational program course.
By the completion of the course the student will be able to:
- Identify the role and scope of practice of the professional nurse within the legal & ethical framework (E)
- Describe the components of the nursing process as a tool to develop nursing judgment
- Demonstrate basic clinical skills to promote safety and meet basic human needs
- Demonstrate beginning health assessment skills for culturally diverse patients across the lifespan
- Utilize beginning communication skills to establish a trusting nurse-patient relationship (PS)
- Identify the role of Nutrients in the human body (N)
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)