Oct 18, 2021
NURS 173 - Nursing Concepts III
Completion of NURS 172 & NURS 137 with a grade of “B-” or better.
NURS 139 .
Students learn concepts related to the care of individuals, across the lifespan, experiencing acute common alterations in health within the family and community context. Students use nursing judgment based on current evidence to safely provide quality, patient-centered care in a variety of settings. This course builds upon psychosocial, nutritional, and ethical concepts.
6 theory hours.
Guided Practice Hours
12 clinical hours per week.
Vocational Program Course
Vocational program course.
- Analyze assessment data for common health alterations for diverse patients in an acute setting across the lifespan (PS)
- Using evidenced-based practices, compose a plan identifying actual and potential patient problems to make clinical judgments in care delivery (E)
- Analyze an identified topic and critique application strategies using best current evidence in acute patient care settings
- Utilize nursing judgment and current evidence to develop a professional teaching plan for a diverse population in collaboration with peers and college community
- Explain the role of nutrition across the lifespan and special populations (N)
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)