Oct 19, 2021
NURS 273 - Transition to Professional Practice
Completion of NURS 272 with a grade of “B-” or better.
Students will synthesize concepts using unfolding case studies to focus on leadership, complex ethical situations, and manager of care in a variety of settings and situations. Students will have the opportunity to develop a study plan for their NCLEX-RN examination success. Preceptorship is intended to facilitate the student’s transition from student role to professional nursing practice.
5 theory hours.
Guided Practice Hours
14 clinical hours per week.
Vocational Program Course
Vocational program course.
AA General Elective
May be used as a general elective in the AA degree.
By the completion of the course the student will be able to:
- Analyze own personal strengths and knowledge gaps to develop a personal NCLEX-RN® study plan
- Synthesize essential nursing concepts in preparation for the NCLEX-RN®
- Manage care for a group of patients in a variety of healthcare settings (supervise, delegate)
- Utilize best current evidence to develop a quality improvement plan
- Evaluate the culture of an organization to determine best fit for potential professional employment
- Synthesize ideas and express ethical opinions in response to complex ethical scenarios (E)
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)