May 17, 2022
NUTR 215 - Nutrition in Healthcare V
NUTR 214 .
NURS 272 - Advanced Nursing Concepts 2 .
Examines the scientific, social, economic, cultural, ethnic, and psychological implications of nutrition in relation to selected health issues across the lifespan and in the context of the healthcare profession. This course is presented in a series that builds on the previous course content from introductory concepts to analysis of complex nutritional health care issues. This course is embedded into the nursing core courses in an integrated format. This is the final course of five.
1 theory hour.
- Discuss the nutritional care of clients with kidney disease in relation to their medical treatment
- Describe the relationship among kilo caloric intake, dietary protein utilization and uremia
- Distinguish between the dietary preparation for gastrointestinal surgery and the dietary preparation for surgery on other body systems
- Relate the nutritional care for clients with Crohn disease from that for ulcerative colitis
- Describe how metabolism differs in starvation and hyper metabolism
- Discuss the issues related to food insecurity on local and global levels
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)