Jan 27, 2022
PE 117 - Intermediate Step Aerobics
Apparent good health or physician’s approval for participation with modifications, PE 116 or instructor permission.
This course is designed to provide instruction on the major areas of lifetime fitness and wellness utilizing step aerobics routines and floor work. Concepts and techniques taught in PE 116 will be enhanced and built upon, providing the student with the necessary information to continue this activity for a lifetime.
Guided Practice Hours
4 guided practice hours.
AA General Elective
Up to 3 PE activity credits can be used as general electives in the AA degree.
- The student will learn step aerobic footwork patterns
- The student will learn muscular strength and endurance principles and applications
- The student will learn flexibility principles and applications
- The student will acquire information about fitness, wellness, and nutrition
- The student will become adept at monitoring his/her heart rate
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)