Oct 22, 2021
PE 121 - Exercise Walking, Beginning
Apparent good health or physician’s approval for participation with modification.
This class is designed to improve aerobic fitness and overall wellness through walking. The three components of exercise walking - the stride, posture and arm swing - will be emphasized, as well as important flexibility exercises. After needed orientation and screening, each student will work on an exercise walking program appropriate to his or her current level of fitness. This course will also introduce the student to the basic principles of physical fitness and promote this activity for lifetime wellness.
Guided Practice Hours
2 guided practice hours.
AA General Elective
Up to 3 PE activity credits can be used as general electives in the AA degree.
- The student will improve cardiovascular fitness
- The student will increase flexibility
- The student will increase abdominal strength
- The student will gain knowledge of stress management techniques
- The student will explore ways to improve personal nutrition
- The student will increase mindfulness
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)