Jan 27, 2022
PE 122 - Intermediate Exercise Walking
Apparent good health or physician’s approval for participation with modification; PE 121 or instructor permission.
This course will build on the principles of fitness and wellness learned in PE 121 . After initial evaluation, each student will follow a walking program suited to his or her fitness level and more advanced walking techniques will be introduced. Students will learn the major components of lifetime fitness and wellness utilizing handouts and class discussion, all centered around the activity of exercise walking.
Guided Practice Hours
4 guided practice hours.
AA General Elective
Up to 3 PE activity credits can be used as general electives in the AA degree.
- The student will improve cardiovascular fitness
- The student will increase flexibility
- The student will increase core strength
- The student will practice stress management techniques
- The student will explore ways to improve personal nutrition
- The student will increase mindfulness
- The student will plan and execute independent workouts
- The student will compare energy costs of traditional exercise walking, race walking, and Nordic Walking
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)