Dec 02, 2021
PE 131 - Advanced Weight Lifting
Apparent good health or physician’s approval for participation with modifications; PE 130 or instructor permission.
This course requires the student to apply the physical fitness principles of weight lifting on an individual basis. Advanced weight training techniques are stressed.
Guided Practice Hours
4 guided practice hours.
AA General Elective
Up to 3 PE activity credits can be used as general electives in the AA degree.
- Learn and apply weight lifting techniques at the advanced level
- Choose a workout program
- Organize a workout plan
- Evaluate weight lifting as a supplement to a fit lifestyle
- Recognize safety procedures and participate in an atmosphere of cooperation
- Complete a fitness profile assessment at the end of the quarter
- Write a short research essay
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)